How Often Should I Consider Cleaning Air Ducts?
At Action Heating and Air Conditioning we hear this question often, “Should I consider cleaning air ducts”. Cleaning air ducts has become a popular topic .People are concerned for the indoor air quality which could have an effect on their health. The real question is should you have the ducts cleaned at all. If your air ducts actually need cleaning there is something in your system that has already gone wrong. In this article we will look at the advantages of having your ducts cleaned, when you should have them cleaned, and some preventive measures that could help you avoid having to have your air ducts cleaned.
Advantages of Cleaning Air Ducts
Here are several possible advantages to having your air conditioner ducts cleaned:
- Increased respiratory health due to less contaminants in your air conditioning system
- Increased air conditioner efficiency due to increased air flow through your duct work
- You may fight mold by cleaning your air ducts
- Cleaning could also help to decrease offensive odors.
When Should I Clean Air Ducts
- When moving into a new home
- If you have someone who smokes in your home
- If someone in your family suffers from allergies and asthma
- If you have pets that shed often
- If there is evidence of rodents getting into your duct work
- When your HVAC system is damaged due to flooding or a fire
How Can I Prevent The Need To Clean My Air Ducts
- If you maintain your air conditioning system and sanitation then cleaning your ducts is unnecessary.
- The use of high quality air filters will keep dust and mold out of my air ducts
- When installing a new air conditioner insure that it is done by a reputable air conditioning contractor
- When you replace your air conditioner, you should replace the duct work as well.
- Vacuum frequently and properly can help. A lot of people think that their HVAC system is the only key to indoor air quality but it is only a partly responsible, google “How to Use a Vacuum “ and you can find some helpful hints.
Your Air Ducts are an important component of your HVAC system. Give us a call at Action Heating and Air Conditioning at 251 281-2520, we will be glad to answer any questions you may have about cleaning your air ducts. We can also come out an complete an inspect of your duct system.