Energy conservation is on everyone’s mind in these days of high utility costs. So what are the top 5 things that you can do to lower your utility bills here in the South. You will be amazed what each of these can do.
1. Seal leaky ductwork. Leaky ductwork allows your hard earned energy $’s to escape into the attic. On average about 20% of your total heating and cooling cost is due to air “leaking” into the attic.
2. Use calk and weather-stripping to seal cracks in your home. A leaky house allows unwanted heat and moisture to enter your home.
3. Blow additional insulation above your ceiling. The ceiling is the single greatest source of heat entry into your home.
4. Replace incandescent bulbs with Compact Fluorescent Light bulbs or LED bulbs. CFLs put off 75% less heat with the same amount of light. Remember, all heat added to a home in the summer, has to be removed by the a/c system.
5. Replace an old inefficient heating and cooling system. Simply put, new systems are 20% to 50% more efficient than systems installed just 8 years ago.
By incorporating the 5 steps above, we have seen customers reduce their energy bills by 60% to 75% . Call our office if you would like a free energy audit. 251-517-3050