First you should research by reading the company reviews. Then ask your friends for referrals. Then you need to be prepared to ask the right questions when meeting with the air conditioning professional. Below are important questions to ask that will help you during the process.
- What size or capacity system do I needto properly cool my home? You can use the Manual J Load Calculation information to help use gain knowledge in this area.\
- . Can the current installed ductwork be used? What is the condition of the existing ductwork? Should the ductwork be cleaned before the install?
- Is your company licensed, bonded, and insured? Will your writing estimate have all of the terms and conditions we discuss? What kind if guarantee does your company offer? What is the warranty and guarantees on the new unit?
- Is the new system energy efficient? Can I expect a reduction in my utility bills?
- What Brands do you offer? And what are you recommendation this particular brand for my new system?
- Does your work require permits and will you handle obtaining all required permits?
- How can I pay you? What are your payment terms? Does the manufacturer offer any financing?
- Are there any rebates available?
- How long will the installation take? Is all old equipment taken away by you? Do you clean up after completion? And is all this included in my original replacement price?
- Are there any new technologies I should consider?
A reputable air conditioning contractor will be glad to answer these and any other questions you may have. In addition, the company should be happy to furnish references from other homeowners, especially ones that live within your immediate area.
A high-quality, efficient system that is properly installed can provide years of comfort for your home, while keeping your utility bills in check. Be prepared with the right questions that will help you understand your home’s cooling needs and allow you to make the most informed decision when making your purchase.
Our Friendly Staff with be glad to help you when making your decision to purchase a new air conditioning unit. We know that this is a major purchase and insuring that you are well informed is critical to your decision. We are here to help.
Action Heating & Air Conditioning 251 281-2520